Thursday, March 25, 2010

comments for kids

While I have been making my comments for kids, I have failed to write about it in my blog. I apologize for that. I have been so impressed with how much children know about technology and how much they enjoy displaying that knowledge. I really need to get with it to keep up with them.

Some students I have commented on:

The students at 2KM Leopold Primary School have an incredible site. The are really on the ball. Their teacher is also very kind. I made a comment last night and she had responded to my comment by this morning. I am super impressed. I was assigned to comment on their blog post about a poster they had created on How to Comment on a Blog Post. I found their tips extremely helpful and I told them so. One of the tips was watch out for punctuation and grammar errors. I told them that we recently had this discussion in EDM 310 because we were making a lot of punctuation and grammar errors. Mrs. McGeady (the teacher) gave me an A+ on my comment. I so needed that today. What a great site, great teacher, and great kids.


Elle in Mrs. Kolbert's class blogged about her precious puppy. I told her we recently had puppies at our house and how quickly we have become attached to them. She even had a picture of her dog for me to see. She really is a cutie! Elle says she is the cutest dog in the world. What do you think?














Diana M believes in the Nessie (The Loch Ness Monster). I love that Diana has faith to believe in something she has not seen. I told her that in my comment. Although my husband finds it important to tell my children there is no Santa Claus (he doesn't want to lie to them), they still believe in Santa. Children need to use their imagination and keep the faith in things not seen. I am not encouraging lying to children - just let them have fun being a child. Who knows - maybe Nessie does (or did) exist. Who I am to say otherwise? GREAT JOB Diana M.

Students at St. Puis X created a video in which they were performing for American Idol. They created dance moves to pop songs. They did a really awesome job and I told them so. Again, I am so impressed with students and their technology skills. I ask them if they could come to Mobile and help me create my video. Of course, I told them I was just kidding (but not really HAHAHA!).

These are just a few of the children I have been assigned. I truly have enjoyed making comments. I know that children love "mail" - I use to. I hope they are enjoying all the feedback they are getting from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment