Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010


This was one of my favorite assignments. I was really WOWED by this 7th grade student and her PLE. I need her to come to my house and show me how to get this organized. She sounded so much older than her age. She really knows her stuff and she seemed like she enjoyed school. I was also impressed with her school. I loved that her assignments were on the computer and she just came in everyday and got busy. Self motivation is a wonderful thing to teach children. I also loved that she was emailing scientist in other parts of the country to check her work for accurancy. (He should be responding quickly. Shame on him!) She is well on her way to being a successful high schooler, college student, and career woman. Kudos to her and her PLE.

On to the next video - Two questions that can change your life. What a powerful little video. What is my sentence? I would hope that it would be - She made a difference in the lives of many children. Am I better today than I was yesterday? I want to ask myself that every day. You can never fully arrive at perfection but you can certainly aim for it. I want to be a better educator every day. I want to make a difference. The only way I can do that well is to stay educated and relevant. I need to meet the students where they are and motivate to AIM HIGHER. Great Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment